Wednesday, December 19, 2007

rendering and cheap stock

Rendering
As usual, half my 3d renders came out great, the other half look a bit ropey. It’s the usual problem – creating a model which looks great in certain shots and certain lighting and then trying to take the camera far too close and for far too long, so all the poorly finished detail gets brought to the fore.

It’s always better to make your models more detailed than you think you’ll need otherwise you end up spending a lot of time tweaking the shots in post production to make them workable. Ok, I’m not trying to produce Star Wars here, but I do want viewers to suspend their disbelief. I think I can work with most of what I’ve rendered, but some shots may need to be done again with more favourable lighting.

I found another stock video site to add to my list of places to go for cheap stock footage:

Take a look at www.revostock.com – that’s after you’ve checked www.video. shutterstock.com, www.istockphoto.com and www.pond5.com

No comments: