Friday, December 21, 2007

Last day of work before Christmas and as always it's a struggle to get everything done. In this case, everything means getting enough of the animations set up for rendering to keep the PC busy over the break.

I managed to get a lot of it done, and added some alien colonies and "world ships" to the project. Having done the interview about solar sailing, I've realised that the research I did into the process was flawed. Apparently the best design for an interstellar solar sail is a spinning circle - and not the square shape I designed (based on the designs made for travel within the solar system). I redesigned it, and put together what I hope will be a neat sequence of the sail approaching the sun and then opening.

We'll see how it comes out after Christmas.

No comments: