Friday, June 6, 2008

I’m now well into the Tyrannosaurus poster, but it’s one of those things that won’t come together until it’s nearly finished, so I’m feeling a bit as if I’m getting little done.

It looks like I’m going to be doing the rap video, but my tryout footage wasn’t any good as it turns out the reason the guy can’t shoot a live action video is that he’s recovering from an accident… so that means he can’t do any shooting at all.

I’ve come up with a solution that will fit his budget (although I’ll need to work very quickly to make it worthwhile for me) – the idea is to do a videogame type animation – somewhere between Californication and faithless’ “my culture” – that would allow me to use the artist’s previous videos as part of the backdrop – thus getting him into shot without having to film him.

Clever eh?

Well, maybe – if I can create the effect I want to do with just a few days work…

The wall st videogame animation thing is finally over (I think) and the client seems to like what I’ve done – which is a surprise to me because it took ages to get right.

It looks like there maybe another job next week too – a still for a print advert, so relatively well paid.

We’ll see.

Web hosting
I’m also getting emails from my ISP saying my website is exceeding their bandwidth limitations (probably because of the advertising I’m doing). They (of course) want me to upgrade my account, but I’m thinking now might be a good time to look at hosting it elsewhere.

It might also be a good time to finally get my own domain name for all my emails so I can change my ISP if I want to. I’m not planning to change because broadly I’m happy with Demon, but it’d be good to know I could and it’s really cheap to get a domain.

Can I be bothered? Have I got time? Stay tuned to find out….

Maybe what I really need to do (since I seem to have a virus brought on by overwork) is turn off my advertising and go back to making some documentaries – which though it’s not an easy job, is at least under my control….

No comments: