Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cut down my web advertising budget to half - not because it’s not working, but because it is. Right now I’ve got so much work, I feel like I’m in a constant rush… not good.

Anyway, this week’s rush is an advertising image and a rap video. Both are full on projects – the first because of it’s deadline (Friday) the second because of it’s budget (not enough to allow me to spend the time I’d like to).

However, both are things I want to do and both will be fun.

By Wednesday I’ve got a pretty good start on both. The rap video is set in a kind of half/videogame, half real world kind of environment which allows me to play with perspective and reality. I’m starting with photos, and constructing very simple 3d environments with the photos maped onto them, so that when I move the camera, the pictures sort of appear 3d and sort of get distorted. The effect is quite disturbing…

I’m also using after effects’ puppet tool to bring to life some stock photos of people for the backgrounds…

The advert also is going OK – the client wants to change lots of things, but that’s OK – that’s what happens.

Things appear to be going pretty well until a spanner appears in the works – I’ve now got another job doing three advertising emails from the company I write the digital videomaking newsletter for… and you’ve guessed it, it’s urgent.

Everything’s urgent these days….

No comments: