Monday, May 12, 2008

Having upgraded 3ds Max, it can now import and work with much larger more complex scenes… however, it’s not completely helpful because in using that extra power, I’m hitting the problem of my computer not being powerful enough… I’m getting a lot of crashes once I’ve put the scenes together and that’s really annoying. It’s also not something I can easily solve because my motherboard can’t accept any more than 2gb of RAM….

I really need a 4gb machine for HD video editing and high quality 3d modelling… but aside from the cost, I really don’t have the time to buy and set one up with all my software… I’m sure I could get my other PC working again, but I haven’t had time to even do that. It would even be a good idea to take out it’s graphics card which is far better than the one I’m currently using, but I’m working from one project to the next right now and don’t even have time to do that.

Actually that’s not true- installing the card would be the work of 20 minutes… however, if it went wrong, I could loose half a day trying to fix it – and that, I can’t afford!

It feels a bit like I’m on a constant cycle of work right now… now time to stop or work out what I’m doing.

Do I need to take on less, or organise myself better? Probably a bit of both – because I want to get back to my documentaries soon… Real work is getting in the way!

Got a call from a guy on Friday who wants to design a range of personalised vinyl transfers for custom motorbikes. And a call today from someone else looking for animation for a pop video…. Well, let’s see where that leads.

No news yet from the advert in malta I’m supposed to be doing. I’ve all but given up on it – since after the agreement to do the job, I suddenly stopped getting emails. Despite trying to contact the guy I’ve heard nothing, and the initial deadline has come and gone.

I’ve been assuming that the project they were trying to advertise has hit a snag, and that the person I’m dealing with has gone off work for a while, but with no replies to my emails, I can’t do anything on the projects and I’ll have to assume it’s not going ahead.

No comments: