Friday, April 3, 2009

This week I’ve been writing articles – a new 3d artists magazine has appeared which is great news because it looks like good regular work – and fairly flexible.

I’ve also been doing another feature for a magazine aimed at school children and focuses on general science issues – which is also good news because means there’s potential to partially fund the research of some of my documentary ideas by writing features about the same subjects. That means I can justify spending more time on them… which has to be good.

I’m almost there with the boat safety video – although the last few bits are taking a long time…

Aside from that, I still haven’t got the edit done for the debut of my latest documentary project at 10x10 next week. And there’s a problem.

Because the safety video and the documentary are on different disks, I’m having to swap every time I swap projects. Now, Premiere ought to be able to take this on board, but it can’t – each time I swap, I have to re-locate all the footage files before premiere will load. And that’s a pain.

Worse still, when I tried to switch back to the documentary this time, it wasn’t having any of it – it keeps asking me where all the files are, then when I locate them, it crashes.

I do hope I can solve this because there’s a couple of months of editing work in those files!

No comments: