Friday, April 24, 2009

I’ve had a pretty disrupted couple of weeks, with the Easter long weekend and Lisa’s trip to Krakow meaning I didn’t have that many working days – Plus, a couple of short notice deadlines suddenly appeared meaning I had to do some newsletters for Pinnacle, an illustration for a company hiring nannys and a couple of reviews (although the reviews do mean I’ve now been able to play with up to date copies of Lightwave and Softimage!).

Anyway, having decided that fine editing is best done in half day stints because it’s so demanding, I’ve made some pretty good progress with the Vegas documentary…

Which I may be going to call “Bugdig”, “the search for Bristolia Insolens” or “the best way to dig a hole”… hmm… not sure.

However, I’ve now got it to the stage where the first half is now in manageable, playable segments. Each of the stories involved has been laid down and sliced into 1-2 minute scenes.

What I have to do now is assemble these into an overall story that makes sense. Which should be fairly simple. I’m not sure if having scenes of 1-2 minutes is going to work or whether they’ll feel too bitty, but we’ll see.

The second half of the documentary is more a single strand so I’ll be able to edit in a more linear way.

Either way, I can see it beginning to take shape now, so I’m a bit more positive about it.


Withoutabox
I’ve just signed up to withoutabox and when I’ve got time, I’m planning to launch my latest (finished) project (how to colonise the stars) at a few festivals – just to see how I get on and how difficult it is.

Early results seem to suggest it’s rather easy with all the hard work being done by the website. All I have to do is make some DVDs and put them in the post – which even I should be able to do.

I’ve applied for a couple of free festivals already and I’ve been invited to submit to one in Paris, so we’ll see how that goes.

No comments: