Monday, March 30, 2009

I managed to get precisely nothing done to my documentary this week – except that I’ve volunteered to show some of it at the 10x10 documentary evening in London on the 7th. It’s a great forum to show your half finished documentaries, and get criticism from other documentary makers. However, you need something that’s in a good enough shape to watch, and right now, what I’ve got is a collection of clips and snippets of voiceover. I’ve no idea what I’m going to show or when I’m going to get to edit it….

The main reason is that I’ve had a couple of jobs come in that I really needed to spend time on. One is the yacht safety video from last year, which now needs a few tweaks (tweaks which are taking far longer than I thought they would). The other is that following last week’s autodesk press launch, I got an email from the editor of a brand new magazine for 3d artists. He was looking for freelancers and had some reviews which needed doing for an issue due to go to press on Monday.

it started off as three small reviews, but by today, that had grown to four pages of copy – two of which are on Softimage – one of the most complex pieces of software on the market which I’m not up to date on and which didn’t arrive until Friday afternoon.

Deadlines aren’t always this tough, but sometimes events conspire against editors and freelancers….

Anyway, that’s why I haven’t done any documentary work this week!

No comments: