Friday, March 13, 2009

The last couple of weeks feel quite bitty – as though I’ve done lots of work, but it hasn’t really got together into anything substantial.

I’ve got a little further forward with the documentary – and I’m now writing a first draft of the commentary. This started off being quite tough to do, because I haven’t really edited yet – I’m at the stage where I know what all the stories are that will combine into my finished programme, and I know broadly what shots and voice clips I’ll use to tell those stories. It’s now time to write the first draft of the linking narration.

However, once I really convinced myself that this wasn’t a final version of the narration, writing became much faster. I know I’ll have to add to it and change things, but that will come much easier I think, once I’ve got a roughly working programme.

I hope….

Anyway, my plan is to finish writing the narration next week and record it using my own voice. This will be a bit of a test for me. I’ve half decided to go with my own voice for the narration this time, because the whole programme feels like it needs to be me talking. I can’t quite explain why, but my previous two productions have felt like they needed a dispassionate narrator, whereas this one somehow feels as though the camera is more part of the action…

So, this is a test of my narration skills as much as anything, and it’s a test I need to do because I’ve got a couple of other projects in mind (one of which I did a treatment for this week). And these other projects will NEED to have me as a narrator.

I’m actually really excited about the project I wrote the treatment for, but it’s big and ambitious ( a feature length doc – which has elements of a drama to it) and most significant of all, it will depend on my ability to be a convincing narrator….

More of that later….


Still no work
Still no work from either of the mailouts I’ve sent – which is a bit worrying. Still, it’s promising that despite having turned off my advertising I’m still getting (around) 50 visitors per day to www.anachronistic.co.uk.

No comments: