Tuesday, March 25, 2008

At last, today I finished the first fine-cut.
OK – what I really mean by that is that all the shots are in. they’re all in the right order, the commentary is there and the voiceover is in. I still need to tidy things up, balance the sound, do colour correction, check a few facts, alter a little narration, get a couple of clips in, check everything works, put in the captions and do the credits properly. I don’t think these things are that huge or time consuming– but we’ll see.

However, I’ve now got a programme I can show people and they won’t be asking “what’s supposed to happen there?”

I now have to find out if the distributors can use the version I’ve got for the big market next month (I can’t remember what it’s called).

In the meantime, I need to render a DVD and check it to see what needs changing.

I also need to have a think about other projects. Writing the book is my next job, but I’ve realised it’s one thing I can do on the train between interviews (there are very few kinds of work I can effectively do in that way) – so it would be good if I can schedule some of the interviews for my next projects in the next few weeks.

Maybe I will. Maybe I won’t.

No comments: