Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Useful work? hmmm not sure

I managed to make lots of notes today on future documentatry projects, and I now know what theropods I'm going to need to animate and what scenes i'm creating for trilobites... however, I'm not sure how much use it all is.

I feel like there's an awful lot of useful work I could be doing, but I'm not sure if I'm actually doing it or not. In fact I'm not sure if the most useful thing i could be doing is simply to read all the books I've ordered and get a thorough grounding in all my subjects....

My plan is to work on several projects at once - all with a science/natural history theme. the idea being that by doing this, I can always have something to be getting on with when one project has to pause. Plus, there's an economy of scale because there are a lot of places (the natural history museum, the university of Edinburgh, manchester, etc. where if I can schedule lots of interviews in a day, I can cover a lot of ground.

The downside is that I need to know what I'm doing and be very organised as well as knowing the subjects thoroughly so I can ask sensible questions.

Will it work? stay tuned...

No comments: