Thursday, November 29, 2007

Website update
Spent much of the day updating my website to include my animation work and to make it less dependent on science imagery. You can see the results at www.darkin.demon.co.uk. I've now got some of the science animations into a reasonable format, so I was able to create an animation showreel for the site.


I also added to my budget on google adwords.

The idea of adwords is that you give google a daily budget which it spends on placing your advert as a sponsored link when anyone searches for a given set of words – like 3d illustration for example. It’s a good system which has brought me work in the past and costs only as much as you want to pay.

You pay only when someone clicks on your add – and the cost depends on the keyword searched for and how many other advertisers are bidding for it. consequently, it costs about 15p to get a click based on “illustration” (so please don’t click on my link – type the address instead!).

If you’re going to start up a google adwords account, take my advice and don’t keep checking how many clicks you’ve had – you can waste a lot of time doing that!

No comments: