Friday, September 11, 2009



So what did I do with my free time? Well, I didn’t sit on my arse if that’s what you’re thinking (which it probably isn’t). I decided to enter the pitching game at full pelt.

Firstly, the Sheffield documentary festival has a pitching free-for-all called meetmarket, and I decided to have a go at it with my latest idea – which meant producing a pitch video for it in 2 days…. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1OkCRWWtWo






… hmmm… we’ll see how that goes.

I also decided to get myself into a few pitches for animation work, and came up with a cunning plan to allow me to do this. The plan involves writing an article about how to pitch for 3d artist magazine and using that as an opportunity to talk to lots of experts on how you do it…

Part of the plan is to get myself on the “pitch lists” for various interesting projects and getting the commissioners to give me a critique of my pitch which I can then write up for the mag.


In the meantime, I decided to concentrate on a bit of my work I’ve neglected recently: stock libraries.

I have a whole lot of footage (and still images) on various stock libraries and this provides me with a useful income whether I’m doing other work or not. The returns aren’t great and you need a large amount of footage out there to get anything out of it – which is why producing stock gets pushed down my ajenda most of the time. However, it does allow me to experiment with ideas I can’t otherwise do, so it’s worth having a crack at occasionally.

This time I’ve decided to do a series of buisiness-aimed clips using a high-tech android robot as a character. The initial renders look great and I’m hoping to get a finished shot or two after the weekend….

Here’s a taster:


No comments: