Friday, October 24, 2008

A day later, and the half a day of extra work has turned into a day – I’ve wrestled with getting the video into a format I can upload for the clients to see (the ‘real’ version is 2.8gb and even the compressed one is 450mb and that’s too large even for the large file sending sites – or at least the free ones). I tried one that claimed to be able to do it, but after uploading throughout the night, it had only reached 69%, so that’s not going to work.

The only solution is to take a physical version with me when I go to Mexico and post a really low quality version in the meantime. And that in itself is time consuming.

Plus, of course, they’re a different TV system and a different DVD region so I’ll have to carry multiple versions just to be sure of getting something that will work.

I’m going to take a DVD in Pal, and one in NTSC, a mpg version on a memory stick and a DV AVI on a DVD rom – that should cover it!


Still, I managed to get a few things tidied up in preparation for going to Mexico on Sunday – always, there’s the thought that I’ve probably forgotten something…

No comments: