Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Well, I managed to finish off the film – pictures as I get them. And it was a very long job. I really should have known it was going to be. I ended up working Friday night when I should have been on the way down to Worthing to spend time with Lisa and George.

Right now, most of my projects seem to be on hold and I’m waiting for people to get back to me with small, but important pieces of information. This has meant that I’ve been able only to do small tidying up jobs and frustratingly slight progressions on work while I wait for the info that will let me really get stuck into jobs.

This is doubly annoying because I know there are a lot of jobs in the pipeline waiting for me to work on – so the longer I spend not being able to do them, the bigger the rush when they all inevitably turn up on the same day…

It looks like I’m doing one big project now though – which will involve me going to Palma next week for a couple of days…. Which would be a nice break if it wasn’t just a 24 hour visit.

Still, the one thing I can get on with is the Trex poster… here’s where I am so far – it’s really beginning to shape up.



the only problem is it’s so large (both in terms of polygon detail and scale) that the rendering is really hard – every little change takes ages to make, and ages to check by rendering…. Also, the finished piece is going to be so big (10,000x7000 pixels) I’m going to have to render it in pieces and that’s something I’ve never done with a single picture. And every time I try a different way of doing it I have to wait hours for the inevitable crash… and then start again.

Documentaries
Hopefully all this delay means I’ll be able to do at least some documentary work this week… I’m nearly ready to do the final tweaks to “how to colonise the stars” and then I need to launch into the next run of documentaries… which it’ll be great to finally start proper work on!

No comments: